Alerting

How to prevent duplicate alerts with multiple search heads

arun_kant_sharm
Path Finder

Hi Experts,

In my Splunk distributed environment, I have one load balancer and two search heads, and one deployment server.(No Shearch head pooling server configure).
I configured alert mail on both the search head, then I get duplicate alert mail from each search head.
Because of high availability of get alert mail I can`t enable alert mail only on one search head server, and nor I enable alert only on deployment server.
Please suggest how I get only single alerts.
Thanks in advance.

Tags (1)
0 Karma

richgalloway
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

The solution is to not schedule the same alert on more than one system. The best way to do that is to add a third search head and create a search head cluster (SHC). In a SHC, alerts are automatically scheduled on an available SH so you only need to set them up once and they'll only run once.

---
If this reply helps you, Karma would be appreciated.

richgalloway
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

I removed the search-head-clustering tag because this obviously is not a SHC situation.

---
If this reply helps you, Karma would be appreciated.
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...