Other Usage

How to log event to an index for Splunk alert with multiple results?

spl_unker
Explorer

Hello Splunkers,

I would like to log event for Splunk alert  to an index . If Splunk alert returns only one result then there is no issue. But if there are multiple result it logs only one result randomly.

I have even chosen trigger alert for each result.

Any help on this would be great . TIA 

Labels (1)
0 Karma

spl_unker
Explorer

My alert action is to log an  event to an index for each result . But when there are multiple results for an alert ...it logs only one result to the index .  Attached screenshot of my alert 

0 Karma

inventsekar
Ultra Champion

just about this log event, you can see... "Trigger alert when"...

on that, "Number of results" is great than 0... change that zero to 1,... so that the trigger action will run only when you got one result. 

spl_unker
Explorer

No , i guess my question is misunderstood.

If my alert throws 4 results .....i want all the 4 results to be logged into an index . Instead Splunk logs only one result into an index.

0 Karma

gcusello
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi @spl_unker,

if you want to save results of an alert in a summary index you can configure a response action that makes this action.

I don't understand what you mean with "it logs only result randomly.".

You can have more results in one alert or have an alert for each results.

ciao.

Giuseppe

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Welcome to the Splunk Community!

(view in My Videos) We're so glad you're here! The Splunk Community is place to connect, learn, give back, and ...

Tech Talk | Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Splunk RUM & APM

Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Real User Monitoring and Application Performance ...

Adoption of RUM and APM at Splunk

Unleash the power of Splunk Observability   Watch Now In this can't miss Tech Talk! The Splunk Growth ...