Alerting

How to get ITSI Alerts based on KPIs from All Server Search?

SeanPLittle
Engager

I have just been pushed into the deep end of the Splunk pool and I need to figure something out.

I have ITSI and within it there is a Service that encompases all of my Server Entities.

Within that Service I have KPIs for Health, CPU, network, RAM, and Disk Utilization.

I would like to be able to get notifications from this service with a list of affected Entities contained in the email for the alerts.

Can I do that? How would I be able to do that?

Thanks!

ansif
Motivator

@SeanPLittle : It is easy,you need to create an aggregation policy under configure->notable_event_aggregation_policies

There you can group events and in action you can send mail or tickets or run a script etc...

https://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/ITSI/3.0.1/User/CreateAggregationPolicies

0 Karma

SeanPLittle
Engager

Yes but if I set up an aggregate policy I just get a notification that the CPU/RAM/Disk has triggered the alarm. I do not get which of my 1700 servers has triggered this alarm.

Anyway I can do that within the notification language maybe?

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...