Alerting

How to create email line break for an alert

csheldon3636

Hello,

We have an alert that sends out a notification to a user via email when they have a vulnerability. The email contains the CVE and the action to resolve it. The issue is that it is putting that all on one line and not listing them. I have googled this problem and checked with Splunk knowledgebase and have not found a solution.

Thanks,

Curt

================= Example ====================
Hello xxxxxx

The following vulnerabilities were detected on your system.Please review the following details:

result.Vulnerability_CVE-2019-13449=Upgrade to Zoom version 4.4.53582.0519,result.Vulnerability_CVE-2019-13450=Upgrade to Zoom version 4.4.53932.0709

If you are unable to update your system please contact support.

To confirm validity of this email please feel free to contact xxxxxxxxx

0 Karma

_smp_
Builder

I had a list of user IDs in a multi-value field. I wanted to send that list of IDs in the body of an email message with each ID separated by a newline. I was able to achieve this in Splunk Cloud 8.1.2008 by appending a newline string ("\n") to each user ID in the multi-value field like this:

USERID
user1\n
user2\n
user3\n
user4\n

Then I just inserted the token $result.USERID$ in the body of the email. The newline characters are included in the search result, but they are converted to newlines in the body of the email.

Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Announcing Scheduled Export GA for Dashboard Studio

We're excited to announce the general availability of Scheduled Export for Dashboard Studio. Starting in ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Watch Now!   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to leverage ...

More Control Over Your Monitoring Costs with Archived Metrics GA in US-AWS!

What if there was a way you could keep all the metrics data you need while saving on storage costs?This is now ...