Alerting

How to create a alert action for service now with email?

knalla
Path Finder

Hi,

I'm trying to create a alert action to send email to SNOW instance to create a incident. Whats the best way to achieve it?

0 Karma

Sukisen1981
Champion
0 Karma

knalla
Path Finder

Thanks Susiken, but we are on London version, current add-on is not compatible with it.

0 Karma

Sukisen1981
Champion

there is another way of course, you can use REST API modular inputs and use that to populate the incident creation table in service now.
For this you need access to snow as a REST API , that is service now should allow your service to access it. Is that possible?

0 Karma

knalla
Path Finder

Yes, we can get read-only access to API.

0 Karma

Sukisen1981
Champion

well then, try these steps out
1- https://splunkbase.splunk.com/app/1546/ install the app
2- Pass the required credentials in a POST method using the REST API modular input app.
Try it out, it is very difficult to give a solutions without knowing the required fields for your api access/auth tokens etc. but this app is simple and easy to use.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...