Alerting

How to configure multiple tomcat servers under splunk add-on for Tomcat

sandeepduppalli
Explorer

I have installed splunk add-on for tomcat on search head and indexer and by using Universal Forwarder I am sending my Tomcat logs to SH and indexer. I have configure my Tomcat URL under the setup page of add-on and I am able to parse the logs and extract the fields. It is good till here, now I am having multiple Tomcat servers to send the logs. How do I configure the multiple server URL's under the this setup page.? Is it meant for accepting the single URL?Capture.JPG

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Karma

DavidHourani
Super Champion

Hi @sandeepduppalli,

Seems like it might be limited to a single input. You can try one of two things :

1- Replicate the stanza for the input in the configuration and see how it behaves.

2- Replicate the entire application making one app per tomcat server.

Let me know if that helps.

Cheers,

David

Tags (1)
0 Karma

sandeepduppalli
Explorer

Can you please elaborate to get a clear picture? I tried changing under tomcat_server.conf under SPLUNK_HOME/etc/apps/Splunk_TA_tomcat/local/ but the password is encrypted. I don't think I can  change here also.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...