Alerting

How to configure multiple tomcat servers under splunk add-on for Tomcat

sandeepduppalli
Explorer

I have installed splunk add-on for tomcat on search head and indexer and by using Universal Forwarder I am sending my Tomcat logs to SH and indexer. I have configure my Tomcat URL under the setup page of add-on and I am able to parse the logs and extract the fields. It is good till here, now I am having multiple Tomcat servers to send the logs. How do I configure the multiple server URL's under the this setup page.? Is it meant for accepting the single URL?Capture.JPG

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Karma

DavidHourani
Super Champion

Hi @sandeepduppalli,

Seems like it might be limited to a single input. You can try one of two things :

1- Replicate the stanza for the input in the configuration and see how it behaves.

2- Replicate the entire application making one app per tomcat server.

Let me know if that helps.

Cheers,

David

Tags (1)
0 Karma

sandeepduppalli
Explorer

Can you please elaborate to get a clear picture? I tried changing under tomcat_server.conf under SPLUNK_HOME/etc/apps/Splunk_TA_tomcat/local/ but the password is encrypted. I don't think I can  change here also.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...

Introducing the 2024 Splunk MVPs!

We are excited to announce the 2024 cohort of the Splunk MVP program. Splunk MVPs are passionate members of ...

Splunk Custom Visualizations App End of Life

The Splunk Custom Visualizations apps End of Life for SimpleXML will reach end of support on Dec 21, 2024, ...