Alerting

How to Triger an alert in an Specific timeline

IvanIT
Engager

Hello, 
I need to setup an alert that triggers if I got an event on an specific timeshift. The reason is that  in my company there are employees which connects to an AWS Workspace and when they log in out of their shift Security department needs to be updated. 

This is the main search request:

(index=aws_description sourcetype="aws:cloudwatchlogs") ( NOT eni ) actionType"successfulLogin"

and I'm not pretty sure how to place it into a time range and get a triger when I get an event from 19:00 PM until 06:00 AM

So far the alert runs on Cron Schedule in a time range "last 5 mins" and a Cron expression 0/5 **** in order to check every 5 minuts, but it will get me all the time range and I only need the metioned below.

Any Idea?

Thank you,
Iván

Labels (3)
0 Karma

ITWhisperer
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Try something like this

0/5 0-5,19-23 * * *

Note that this doesn't run at 6:00 so if you want that time, you would need a second alert

richgalloway
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Change the cron schedule to only run the alert during off-hours.  Try */5 0-5,19-23 * * *

---
If this reply helps you, Karma would be appreciated.
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...