Alerting

How do you restrict the visibility of reports and alerts?

mnakhuda

I was wondering if there is a way to have ALL reports and alerts visible to only specified users? For example, I would like all my administrators to have access to any and every report/alert, but I do not want regular users to be able to view them at all (as if they don't even exist).

If someone can help that would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

0 Karma
1 Solution

dkeck
Influencer

HI,

you just have to set up a role in Access Control, set up an app, share Alerts only with this app, and grand right to see the app for certain users by adding them to the role

See also https://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/Splunk/7.2.3/Alert/AlertPermissions

View solution in original post

dkeck
Influencer

HI,

you just have to set up a role in Access Control, set up an app, share Alerts only with this app, and grand right to see the app for certain users by adding them to the role

See also https://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/Splunk/7.2.3/Alert/AlertPermissions

dkeck
Influencer

HI did you try that?

0 Karma

mnakhuda

For this I assume I would need to go to each individual alert and manually share it?

0 Karma

dkeck
Influencer

That would be the way. There is no way to assign them new in a bulk.

0 Karma

mnakhuda

Thank you. There are hundreds of reports/alerts so it will take some time to implement.

0 Karma

dkeck
Influencer

If you could accept the answer that would be great 🙂

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...