Other Usage

How do I send an alert email from Splunk's Search to my corporate Outlook email?

acj-ishikawa
Observer

Hi

I would like to send search results from Splunk search to my corporate Outlook domain email address, but it is not working.
I specified the Outlook SMTP server & port (smtp.office365.com:587) and  user credentials of company domain at the Splunk email settings, but the email was not sent.
The command used in the search is this.

index=_internal | sendemail to="myemailid@companydomain" server=smtp.office365.com:587

It doesn't matter if the email is sent from Outlook's SMTP server or from Splunk's local host from anywhere, as long as it can be sent.
Information about the Splunk I am using : Splunk Enterprise version 9.0.3

Any ideas are welcomed ! And would be appreciated !

Labels (2)
0 Karma

acj-ishikawa
Observer

Thank you for contacting me.
Either way using the Alert Trigger Action or from SPL Search is fine.

0 Karma

inventsekar
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi @acj-ishikawa ..

may i know if you created alert and thru the alert trigger action you want the email notification.. 

or  just from the SPL Search Query, you want to send the email notification?

documentation for alert email notification settings:

https://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/Splunk/9.0.4/Alert/Emailnotification

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...

Introducing the 2024 Splunk MVPs!

We are excited to announce the 2024 cohort of the Splunk MVP program. Splunk MVPs are passionate members of ...

Splunk Custom Visualizations App End of Life

The Splunk Custom Visualizations apps End of Life for SimpleXML will reach end of support on Dec 21, 2024, ...