Alerting

How do I make an alert that triggers when the count is greater than 5, but doesn't when it's less than one?

paulalbert
Engager

Alert should be triggered when count is greater than 5 but also include records that don't trigger that alert

I want my alert to return 6 fields, but only in cases where six or more of them are where isToday = 1. This alert should also include cases where isToday = 0.

How can I do this?

Thanks!

alt text

Tags (3)
0 Karma
1 Solution

harsmarvania57
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi @paulalbert,

You can try below query

<yourquery>
| stats count(eval(if(diff1 < 3600*24*1, 1, null()))) as isToday by CWID, employeeStartDate, sn, givenName, employeeID, loginStatus
| eventstats sum(eval(if(isToday="1",1,0))) AS cn_isToday
| table CWID, empStartDate, sn, givenName, empID, loginStatus, isToday, cn_isToday

and then schedule alert with Alert Condition -> Trigger alert when -> Custom -> search cn_isToday >= 6

View solution in original post

harsmarvania57
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi @paulalbert,

You can try below query

<yourquery>
| stats count(eval(if(diff1 < 3600*24*1, 1, null()))) as isToday by CWID, employeeStartDate, sn, givenName, employeeID, loginStatus
| eventstats sum(eval(if(isToday="1",1,0))) AS cn_isToday
| table CWID, empStartDate, sn, givenName, empID, loginStatus, isToday, cn_isToday

and then schedule alert with Alert Condition -> Trigger alert when -> Custom -> search cn_isToday >= 6

paulalbert
Engager

Thank you so much!!

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Welcome to the Splunk Community!

(view in My Videos) We're so glad you're here! The Splunk Community is place to connect, learn, give back, and ...

Tech Talk | Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Splunk RUM & APM

Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Real User Monitoring and Application Performance ...

Adoption of RUM and APM at Splunk

Unleash the power of Splunk Observability   Watch Now In this can't miss Tech Talk! The Splunk Growth ...