Alerting

How do I fix this 403 error I got after updating a saved search permission by using ACL REST API?

chy1we1
Loves-to-Learn

Hi, I'm new in Splunk alerting and I met a problem on changing alert permission by using ACL REST API. 

I'm writing a script to help me create Splunk alerts through REST API, and I use the saved/searches endpoint to create a new alert and the everything goes well, the alert is created successfully.

Then I add `{alert_name}/acl` into the url and attempt to update the alert's permission which I have created before.  But I receive an 403 error tell me "You do not have permission to change the owner of this object".

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<response>
  <messages>
    <msg type="ERROR">You do not have permission to change the owner of this object.</msg>
  </messages>
</response>

More confused is I can change the permission on Splunk Web GUI, I can see the "edit permission" button for this alert. BTW, my account doesn't have the admin role.

ss1.png

I have no ideas on this problem and I don't know whether it related to account role or any capability. Does anyone encountered the same problem? Need your help and much appreciate!

Labels (3)
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...