Alerting

Deleted field contents reappear in custom alert action UI -- Bug?

snargleplax
Explorer

I noticed this behavior when working on my own alert action add-on, but I've confirmed it affects other add-ons as well so it seems like a Spunk bug.

Repro steps:
1. Create an alert
2. Add an alert action, selecting one that has a custom UI. For example, the HipChat alert add-on.
3. Put some text in a text field (with the HipChat add-on, the "Room" field at the top works fine).
4. Save the alert.
5. Edit the alert again.
6. Delete the text from the field populated in step 3.
7. Save the alert again.
8. Edit the alert again.

Expected:
The field whose contents were deleted in step 6 is still empty.

Actual:
The field whose contents were deleted in step 6 contains the text inserted in step 3.

This is really undesirable -- Splunk folks, can you please log an internal incident and get some attention on this? See also splunk answer #386471, where I reported a related issue with how these fields get populated.

0 Karma
1 Solution

frobinson_splun
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Hi @snargleplax,
I checked with my colleagues and this is a known issue. Please stay tuned for a fix in a future release.

Thanks!

View solution in original post

0 Karma

frobinson_splun
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Hi @snargleplax,
I checked with my colleagues and this is a known issue. Please stay tuned for a fix in a future release.

Thanks!

0 Karma

snargleplax
Explorer

Marvelous. 🙂

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Welcome to the Splunk Community!

(view in My Videos) We're so glad you're here! The Splunk Community is place to connect, learn, give back, and ...

Tech Talk | Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Splunk RUM & APM

Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Real User Monitoring and Application Performance ...

Adoption of RUM and APM at Splunk

Unleash the power of Splunk Observability   Watch Now In this can't miss Tech Talk! The Splunk Growth ...