Alerting

Cron Expression Stumper- How do I schedule an alert to run every 5 minutes between 9:30-16:00 EST Mon- Fri?

sroderick85

How do I schedule an alert to run every 5 minutes between the hours of 9:30 and 16:00 Eastern Time Monday-Friday?

Labels (2)
Tags (1)
0 Karma

Taruchit
Contributor

Hi @sroderick85,

*/5 9-16 * * 1-5

The above cron will run every 5 minutes from 9:00 to 16:00, Monday to Friday.

However, I am also unable to build the expression which starts at 9:30 and ends at 16:00

Thank you

0 Karma

isoutamo
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust
Actually this run between 9:00 - 16:55 not 9:00 - 16:00. That's the reason for last two lines on my previous example. To getting it to run 9:30 - 9:55 you need that 1st line (fixed by adding ,55 to it).
0 Karma

isoutamo
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi

i think that you are needing three separate entries.

30,35,40,45,50,55 9 * * 1-5
*/5 10-15 * * 1-5
0 16 * * 1-5 

another option is create own checker to your script to check times for first half and last hour, but I think that three separate entries are better option.

r. Ismo 

sroderick85

Am I able to put 3 entries in the same alert?

0 Karma

isoutamo
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust
Unfortunately I think that you must create separate alerts for those.
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...