Alerting

Create a scheduled alert which triggers mail to some id

chitreshakumar
Communicator

I want to create an alert .If any of the field is missing the values the search will output the table with all the values with missing particular field values .Then I need to send an mail whenever this alerts run.My requirement is run it daily and the output to the mail in csv format .
My search is returning the values when running .But the alert is not triggering when the number of result is greater than zero.

0 Karma
1 Solution

nickhills
Ultra Champion

I think it maybe helpful if you can provide some sample data, but let me give this a go anyway:

If I have understood, you have a search which generates a table of results. You want to trigger an alert if any field in the table is empty?

<your search> |table _time <your field>

What you can do is fill empty fields with a known value, which you can then search for, so your search would now be

<your search> |table _time <your field>|fillnull value="Data Missing"|search <your field>="Data Missing"

This will now render you a table of rows only where a field is missing.
An alert >0 can now be set as a threshold

If my comment helps, please give it a thumbs up!

View solution in original post

nickhills
Ultra Champion

I think it maybe helpful if you can provide some sample data, but let me give this a go anyway:

If I have understood, you have a search which generates a table of results. You want to trigger an alert if any field in the table is empty?

<your search> |table _time <your field>

What you can do is fill empty fields with a known value, which you can then search for, so your search would now be

<your search> |table _time <your field>|fillnull value="Data Missing"|search <your field>="Data Missing"

This will now render you a table of rows only where a field is missing.
An alert >0 can now be set as a threshold

If my comment helps, please give it a thumbs up!
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...