Alerting

Configure alerts in the user interface "Message" to send email?

rdowd
Path Finder

In the main UI what is the search string to create an alert displayed in the "Messages" in the top right? I wish for it to send an email alert each time.

I would add a screenshot but I don't have enough karma points?

Tags (2)
0 Karma

rdowd
Path Finder

The Splunk Web UI, banner, will display various items in the "Messages". How do you control what is sent to this? How do you configure alerts from it?

| rest /services/messages | table title message severity timeCreated_iso published splunk_server author 

I have found the above from others post now but would like additional info, as in the is there a way to control what is sent to it? Current this message is seen by all users, can this be controlled?

kairobin
Path Finder

I dont understand the question.
Do you want to get a mail each time an alert is run?

0 Karma

rdowd
Path Finder

The Splunk Web UI, banner, will display various items in the "Messages". How do you control what is sent to this? How do you configure alerts from it?

| rest /services/messages | table title message severity timeCreated_iso published splunk_server author

I have found the above from others post now but would like additional info, as in the is there a way to control what is sent to it? Current this message is seen by all users, can this be controlled?

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...