Alerting

Cancel Alert with Different Alert

Becherer
Explorer

I am looking to create a dashboard panel that is synced with our AV tool. The tool that we use is sending events to splunk when the AV protection is disabled and re-enabled. I dont know how to display only the devices that have not had AV re-enabled.

i.e.

PC 1000 is disabled
PC 1000 is enabled
PC 2003 is disabled

The dashboard panel would show one device that needs enabled. Until an event related to PC 2003 is sent that show "PC 2003 is enabled" then the dashboard will show one device needing attention.

How do set "disabled" as + "1" and enabled as - "1"? Unless there is a better way..

Thanks!

Tags (2)
0 Karma

richgalloway
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Assuming each event has a 'server' field ("PC 1000", for example) and a 'status' field ("disabled" or "enabled") then one just needs to look at the most recent status for each server and ignore those that are enabled. Something like this will show the devices needing attention:

index = foo | stats latest(status) as status by server | where status = "disabled"
---
If this reply helps you, Karma would be appreciated.
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Routing logs with Splunk OTel Collector for Kubernetes

The Splunk Distribution of the OpenTelemetry (OTel) Collector is a product that provides a way to ingest ...

Welcome to the Splunk Community!

(view in My Videos) We're so glad you're here! The Splunk Community is place to connect, learn, give back, and ...

Tech Talk | Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Splunk RUM & APM

Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Real User Monitoring and Application Performance ...