Alerting

Can custom alert scripts be added to Splunk Light Cloud?

ebjurstrom

I am evaluating Splunk products with the intention of integrating with Datadog. One of the integration pieces is adding an alert script to Splunk that sends the alert to Datadog. I see the option in Splunk Light Cloud to configure the alert to use a script, but I cannot find any way to deploy / manage deployment of custom scripts.

Thank you,

0 Karma

yannK
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Apps are not allowed on splunklight, so they are not allowed on splunkcloud light.
Check if the app is allowed on splunkcloud, then upgrade to splunkcloud if you need it.

0 Karma

itarribatec

the webhook does not seem to be flexible ?
Can it be adapted?
Certain apps are expecting a defined JSON (e.g. slack)
,Hi
the webhook on Splunk Light does not seem to be configurable?
If that is true it is not really useful since e.g. #slack expects a specific json

0 Karma

jterry
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Not sure about being able to deploy a script via REST to a cloud instance but the webhook alert action might work for you:

http://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/Splunk/latest/Alert/Webhooks

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...

Introducing the 2024 Splunk MVPs!

We are excited to announce the 2024 cohort of the Splunk MVP program. Splunk MVPs are passionate members of ...