Alerting

Alerts and Reports Not sending email

splunktrainingu
Communicator

I know my alerts work because I can trigger them by entering the wrong password on purpose. The problem is I am not getting an email. How do I fix that? Also I saw the option to add it to "triggered alerts." Where does that reside?

This is what I got from the _internal index.

05-20-2020 11:52:11.456 -0700 INFO SavedSplunker - savedsearch_id="nobody;search;Enclave Failed Logon AlertTEST", search_type="", user="xxxx", app="search", savedsearch_name="Enclave Failed Logon AlertTEST", priority=default, status=success, digest_mode=0, scheduled_time=1590000452, window_time=0, dispatch_time=1590000453, run_time=275.236, result_count=1, alert_actions="email", sid="rt_scheduler_xxxxsearch_RMD5300c713dc670b306_at_1590000452_240.0", suppressed=0, fired=1, skipped=0, action_time_ms=2405, thread_id="AlertNotifierWorker-0", message="", workload_pool=""

python.log:

sendemail:475 - [Errno 99] Cannot assign requested address while sending mail to: gen@generic.com

Labels (2)
Tags (1)
0 Karma
1 Solution

Sfry1981
Communicator
0 Karma

splunktrainingu
Communicator

The issue was that in email settings we couldn't use localhost so we changed the mailserver and the from field in email settings. But this did help me because i did go and set the serverNames as well just in case.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...