Alerting

Alert scheduled for below mentioned time.

m7787580
Explorer

HI Team,

Is it possible i can get the report scheduled for below mentioned time.

Could we get a report at 9:00am and then another at 2:00pm. The first would cover data from 2:00pm to 9:00am and the second from 9:00 to 2:00pm.
1.--> 2:00pm to 9:00am --19hrs
2.-->9:00 to 2:00pm --5 hrs

1 possible option is to create two alerts and schedule it but i dont what would be cron job.

Could you please help.

Thanks in advance

Tags (2)
0 Karma
1 Solution

richgalloway
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

The cron part is easy. Schedule the alert using 01 9,14 * * * to run the alert at 9:01 am and 2:01 pm.
The harder part is telling the alert to search the previous 19 hours on the first run of the day and the previous 5 hours on the second run of the day. For that, I think you'll need two alerts.

---
If this reply helps you, Karma would be appreciated.

View solution in original post

0 Karma

richgalloway
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

The cron part is easy. Schedule the alert using 01 9,14 * * * to run the alert at 9:01 am and 2:01 pm.
The harder part is telling the alert to search the previous 19 hours on the first run of the day and the previous 5 hours on the second run of the day. For that, I think you'll need two alerts.

---
If this reply helps you, Karma would be appreciated.
0 Karma

m7787580
Explorer

Thanks, I have created two alerts

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...