Alerting

Alert not triggered

uagraw01
Builder

In my case alert is not triggered when particular log is generated. So i checked that the person who created that alert previously has no permission for scheduler search when i verify from internal logs and beacuse of this i am not able to see any view result for job runs. So please suggest if i will create new alert by with all scheduled search permission, so it will get resolve or not ?

Means schedule search is directly proportional to alert triggered ?

Labels (1)
0 Karma
1 Solution

anilchaithu
Builder

@uagraw01 

Yes. and obviously it has to meet the alert conditions.

View solution in original post

0 Karma

anilchaithu
Builder

@uagraw01 

Alerts will be triggered if 

• scheduled job runs without errors. 
  • specified alert condition met

Its always better to run the search manually to check for syntax, run time errors. and also check for alert conditions.

I am still wondering how the user without schedule_search capability was able to schedule in the first place. 

You can assign the alert to you (reassign knowledge objects) so that it runs with your capabilities.

Hope this helps.

0 Karma

uagraw01
Builder

So if i have capabilities of schedule_search, then it will get resolve the issue ?

0 Karma

anilchaithu
Builder

@uagraw01 

Yes. and obviously it has to meet the alert conditions.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...

What's new in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312?

Hi Splunky people! We are excited to share the newest updates in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312! Analysts can ...

What’s New in Splunk Security Essentials 3.8.0?

Splunk Security Essentials (SSE) is an app that can amplify the power of your existing Splunk Cloud Platform, ...