Alerting

Alert Manager - supplied index 'alerts' missing

Gattaca

Hi

So I've upgraded the Alert Manager app to version 3.0.7 and enable the logging of alerts into an index called "alerts", I have an index cluster and a search head cluster.

The index has been created on the index cluster, and the search head is aware as you can see it listed when updating Roles. I've given the "user" role access to the index and set it as a default, but I'm getting this error below:

ERROR sendmodalert - action=alert_manager STDERR - splunk.RESTException: [HTTP 400] ["message type=WARN code=None text=supplied index 'alerts' missing;"]

The Alert Manager page http://docs.alertmanager.info/en/latest/installation_manual/ has the text below, but I'm not sure what it means by create it on a Search Head when we have an index cluster (what do I need to do to allow the Rest API to know about the index): 

"Be sure to create the index on all Indexers and Search Heads (the Rest API requires the index to know on Search Heads too)."

Anyone any ideas, I'm sure it's something simple?

Cheers

Andy

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...

What's new in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312?

Hi Splunky people! We are excited to share the newest updates in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312! Analysts can ...

What’s New in Splunk Security Essentials 3.8.0?

Splunk Security Essentials (SSE) is an app that can amplify the power of your existing Splunk Cloud Platform, ...