Alerting

After upgrading to 6.5.0, why are we receiving "In handler 'savedsearch': Could not flush changes to disk" error when modifying an alert?

dpanych
Communicator

We upgraded to 6.5.0 from 6.4.x, and now every time we attempt to save a change made to an alert, we get the following error:

In handler 'savedsearch': Could not flush changes to disk: /nobody/search/savedsearches/Test/search: ConfPathMapper: C:\Program Files\Splunk\etc\apps\search\local
On 6.4.x, saving changes worked 100% and now on 6.5.0 it does not. We didn't do anything unusual with the upgrade. What could this be? I checked both Splunk and Windows file system permissions and they both seem fine.

0 Karma
1 Solution

dpanych
Communicator

Figured out the cause. I guess having (1) Splunk_TA_nix - version 5.1.2 and (2) config_analytics - version 1.8 installed on Splunk 6.5.x causes the file-write issue. We removed the config_analytics app and things are working smoothly again.

View solution in original post

0 Karma

dpanych
Communicator

Figured out the cause. I guess having (1) Splunk_TA_nix - version 5.1.2 and (2) config_analytics - version 1.8 installed on Splunk 6.5.x causes the file-write issue. We removed the config_analytics app and things are working smoothly again.

0 Karma

scott_sackrider
Explorer

How did you find this out? Having a similar issue, but the suspected apps aren't installed. Appreciate the note.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...

Introducing the 2024 Splunk MVPs!

We are excited to announce the 2024 cohort of the Splunk MVP program. Splunk MVPs are passionate members of ...

Splunk Custom Visualizations App End of Life

The Splunk Custom Visualizations apps End of Life for SimpleXML will reach end of support on Dec 21, 2024, ...