Monitoring Splunk

Configuring distributed monitoring console without the UI

Isaac_Hailperin
Explorer

I am trying to configure the distributed monitoring console without the UI (for automation purposes). It seems that I have gotten most things right - all instances show up the way I want them to, however they are all marked as "unreachable".

It seems that I must do the step where I provide credentials for the mc host to login to the monitored host. However I cannot figure out what this step actually does.

Also I cannot find anything that hints to the credentials being stored anywhere. So what does this login process actually do, and how can I mimic that bevhaviour for the mc from the commandline/ via config files?

Any insight on how the setup process works behind the scene would be appreciated.

Labels (1)
0 Karma

tej57
Communicator

Hello @Isaac_Hailperin ,

Can you share what steps have you taken so far? That would help understand what is actually missing.

Thanks,
Tejas.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I’m short for "configuration file.” What am I?

May 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with a Special ...

New Articles from Academic Learning Partners, Help Expand Lantern’s Use Case Library, ...

Splunk Lantern is a Splunk customer success center that provides advice from Splunk experts on valuable data ...

Your Guide to SPL2 at .conf24!

So, you’re headed to .conf24? You’re in for a good time. Las Vegas weather is just *chef’s kiss* beautiful in ...